Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Introduction: Declaration of Intent.

Ladies and gentlemen...I've come to this blogger because of advise from a friend of mine from another site. This guy has done and is still doing what a lot of people want to do, but can't accomplish: weight loss. But dude didn't drop 10 or 20 lbs...no, 100 lbs! I'd suggest you all take a look at his thoughts at http://www.icanseemytoes.blogspot.com .

It's my intent to do something simular. I haven't put a hard number on it yet, but right now I'm 6'1", 304 lbs and a 46" waist. I want to get down into the 30's for that waist size, I know that much. Things are so damn more abundant and cheaper in the normal sizes...damn normies! As far as weight...what, 220 lbs? That should be a 38 waist, isn't it?

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure how to go about do it. Right now, I'm trying to keep my calories under control...I realize that my calorie intake should be under 2000, and I should get at least an hour's worth of exercise in as well.
For right now, I'm using a calorie counter on my pda/phone to keep me honest but my God! How the hell do you keep yourself in check when folks are bringing in candy, cookies, cakes, buckets of sugary lard, etc into offices all over America to tempt folks from now until New Years?! Also, I work 68 hours a week and work at an internship 8 hours a week...how can I squeeze exercise in there?!

Basically America, I need direction. Give it to me.

5 comments:

Marcol said...

Good for you for wanting this. Theres lots of information out here and in time we'll help you find it, just stay tuned and stay focused!

Rob Tucker said...

You've come to the right place, my man.

Oh, and go ahead and give me credit for talking you into this - you're allowed ;)

Seriously, this is a learning curve. You won't have all the right answers on the first day, probably not even on the first anniversary.

The key is to know what you put into your body, get exercise and really put an effort in. Hell, if *I* can - you can.

GeneTheK said...

Sounds like you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Don't try to conquer the world in a day.

You didn't get fat overnight, so don't expect to get skinny overnight either.

Speaking of fat...welcome to F.A.T.! Looking forward to watching your transformation.

Kristen said...

Glad to have you around. Good luck!

Brian said...

welcome and good luck!